The Central Power Station, built in 1906, is the oldest building in the main area of the Rammelsberg museum complex. When it went into operation, it replaced the Roeder Stollen gallery as the energy system for the Rammelsberg. The entire technical installations, turbines and switchgear can be viewed and provide an impression of the enormous energy demand of a mining operation.
The museum buildings are open daily from 09:00 onward.
This building is not accessible with a wheelchair or stroller and for people with impaired mobility.